Note: Policies apply for domestic and international flights unless otherwise stated.
Pre-board security screening process
- Checked baggage containing items that are prohibited on board an aircraft may be opened by authorized security screeners for further inspection.
- Your attention to what items are considered restricted will help in expediting the checked baggage screening process and will minimize the potential that you or your baggage will be delayed.
- Allowed: Liquids, gels, or aerosols in containers 100 mls./90 g. (3.4 oz.) or less. These containers MUST be placed in one (1) clear, closed and re-sealable plastic bag no larger than one quart. ONE BAG PER PERSON.
- Prohibited: Unsealed, open, or opaque plastic bags of any size with liquids, gels, or aerosols in containers of any size. Liquids, gels, or aerosols in containers larger than 100 mls./90 g. (3.4 oz.).
- Items exempt from restrictions (these items must be declared to security screeners) - Baby formula, baby food and milk for Customers traveling with children two years of age and under and prescription and essential non-prescription medicines. These items do not require a plastic bag, but may require additional screening.
- For a complete list of prohibited items please refer to the TSA or please contact our Call Center at U.S. (toll free) 1-866-988-3527 or Mexico (toll free) 01-800-122-8000.